Hello, Hola, Zdravo and Ciao. My name is Martin Cuff and I’m a British-South African-Serbian writer currently living in Belgrade with my Sealyham Terrier, Alfie. My writing projects can be viewed via my Martin Cuff Portfolio. I have recently completed my first sci-fi novel, Batavia. You can find out more about my original content here.
For my day job, I consult across all five continents – from Peru to Barbados to Tanzania to Georgia to Indonesia – supporting countries, states and cities to develop innovative creative industry and destination marketing programmes. I am currently Advisor for Creative Industries and Tourism to Prime Minister Ana Brnabic, and chief strategist for the Serbia Creates nation brand platform. I am former Executive Director of the Association of Film Commissioners International and former Executive Director of the Cape Film Commission, South Africa and Colorado Film Commission in Denver, Colorado. I was also C.O.O of Sithengi, the Southern African International Film and Television Market, the Mandela government’s programme to reintegrate the South African film industry into the global film business.
My experience includes:
• ASSOCIATION OF FILM COMMISSIONERS INTERNATIONAL – Executive Director
• SERBIA FILM COMMISSION – Establishment, Incentives, Skills Training, Film Friendly Programme
• GEORGIA FILM COMMISSION – Establishment, Incentives
• SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL FILM & VIDEO ASSOCIATION – Film City / Studio Research
• COLORADO FILM COMMISSION, USA – Executive Director, Incentives
• NAMIBIA FILM COMMISSION – Sector Strategy, Film Tourism, Co-Production Treaties, Incentives
• PROMPERU – Business & Marketing Planning for Film Commission
• CAPE FILM COMMISSION – Chief Operations Officer
• SITHENGI, SOUTHERN AFRICAN INTERNATIONAL FILM & TELEVISION MARKET – Chief Operations Officer
As well as extensive government experience, I have also consulted on private sector Film Studio Development on projects in Serbia, Italy, Scotland, Namibia, India and South Africa.