It’s no secret that I’ve become totally obsessed with Penny Dreadful. It’s literally startling television, sumptuously styled, brilliantly acted and superbly, viscerally marketed. I’ve also simply marvelled at the fantastic dialogue, expertly delivered.
- “The glory of life surmounts the fear of death. Good Christian’s fear Hellfire, so to avoid it they are kind to their fellow man. Good pagans do not have this fear, so they can be who they are. Good or ill, as their nature dictates. We have no fear of God, so we are accountable to no one but each other. “
- “There are things you can’t control. There are battles you lose. At the end of the day, the only thing we have is the people we trust.”
- “No, pet, Show Business – All Bitches.”
- “We are mortals all, extravagant in our weakness.”
- “I don’t know what game you’re playing, my dear, but I so enjoy watching your scales catch the light.”
(and that one’s for my former best friend)
It’s just such a fulfilling experience, I am not binge watching but teasing it out, savoring every last moment.