Hello, Hola and Zdravo. My name is Martin Cuff and I am a creative industries specialist. I am an expert on the marketing, competitiveness and business development of creative and innovative destinations globally, with experience spanning five continents. I have assisted clients from Peru to Indonesia and from Georgia to Tanzania to develop cutting-edge creative industry programs. I am currently Special Advisor on Film, Tourism, Digital and Creative Industries to Prime Minister Ana Brnabic, the Prime Minister of Serbia.
My particular focus and interest is the film and television industry. I am the former Executive Director of both the Association of Film Commissioners International and the Colorado Film Commission, and I have managed sector development projects from Peru to Indonesia and from Georgia to Tanzania, as well as developed film incentives and film co-production treaties for various countries.
As well as extensive government experience, I have also worked on Film Studio Development internationally, on projects in Serbia, Italy, Scotland, Namibia, India and South Africa. I have additionally researched studios/sound stages in countries including Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Brazil, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Malaysia and have conducted studio site visits in Australia, the UK, Turkey, the USA, the United Arab Emirates and elsewhere. I specialize in Studio feasibility studies and Studio/Sound Stage Business Plans.
Career highlights include:
• ASSOCIATION OF FILM COMMISSIONERS INTERNATIONAL – Executive Director
• SERBIA FILM COMMISSION – Establishment, Incentives, Training
• GEORGIA FILM COMMISSION – Organization Establishment, Incentives
• SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL FILM & VIDEO ASSOCIATION – Film City / Studio Research
• COLORADO FILM COMMISSION, USA – Executive Director
• NAMIBIA FILM COMMISSION – Sector Strategy, Film Tourism, Co-Productions
• PERU FILM PROMOTION (FILM COMMISSION) – Business & Marketing Planning
• CAPE FILM COMMISSION – Chief Operations Officer