Film Commission skills are broad and complex. Film Commissioners and their staff are, by turns, Film Production Specialists, Marketing Gurus, Management and Good Governance Wizards, Economic Development Specialists and PR geniuses. Yet there are no University or College courses to teach even the basics of Film Commissioning, and no existing courses that are available without extensive travel and cost implications. That’s why I work with some of my former Film Commission buddies to create purpose-built training and education based on the things we’ve needed to know ourselves. Together we’ve got experience with film commissions and film offices from every continent, and our offering is crafted as a one-stop solution to all your film commission training needs. Our Learning Programmes are modular, and are structured around the learning needs and demands of course participants. We offer:
- PRESENTATIONS: talks on specific subjects supported by video, powerpoints, supporting documents and other information, followed by Q&A. Subjects can be approached from a number of angles: for example “Why is your government resisting your brilliant Film Incentive proposal?”
- PANEL DISCUSSIONS: teams of experts providing a range of inputs and information on a topic, again supported by recommended reading, video etc.
- PRACTICAL OUTCOMES-BASED SESSIONS: hands-on programmes around specific Film Commission documentation; participants walk away with their own framework for strategy/policy/plans/materials as required.
- CONFERENCE PROGRAMMES: a combination of the above, in day or two-day conferences around a key theme or themes. This can be a one-hour lecture, a two-hour panel discussion alongside a major event or a half day or full day or two day stand-alone activity hosted by a member commission or Film Commission Association.
For more in depth one-on-one training, we also offer:
- MENTORSHIP: we work with individual film commissioners on skills building over a mutually designed programme of activities.
- PLACEMENT: we run programmes offering Film Commission staff work placement in international Film Commission offices, not only learning skills but new film commission cultures.
Emma Stone loves learning in Easy A
AVAILABLE LEARNING AREAS
We are currently able to offer Learning in the following areas:
ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY & PRODUCTION
THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY
THE PRODUCTION PROCESS
ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY FINANCE
WORKING WITH PRODUCTION
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
FILM COMMISSION OPERATIONS
HUMAN RESOURCES / PHYSICAL ASSETS
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
ALLIANCES & PARTNERSHIPS
BUSINESS & COMMUNITY RELATIONS
ASSESSING FILM TOURISM POTENTIAL
FILM TOURISM PLANNING
We offer unique, specialised, crafted solutions that make training available:
- On demand
- On location
- On point (purpose-designed to your needs and requirements.)
So how can we help you? Wing us an email, or use the following form to get in touch.
Please also feel free to use the form below to get in touch.
[contact-form 1 “Contact form 1”]